Before Sugaring Care
• Topical Exfoliants – Stop use of Retin A, Retinol, Retinoids, AHAs, BHAs, Enzymes, Fruit Acids, Acids, Peels, 7 days prior to service, after acclimation period some sugaring can be done without a break, ask a doctor for approval. Faces are particularly susceptible to scabbing or lifting if topical exfoliants have been used right before hair removal.
• Hair Growth - The hair must be at least 1/8th of an inch long or have 1-3 weeks outgrowth to be removed successfully.
• Scrub - Scrub with an oil free scrub 2-4 times a week. We have scrubs available to purchase at our studio that are organic and locally made. Do not use oils in bath right before the appointment.
• Freshly Showered - Come to your appointment fresh and clean, clean of ALL oils, creams and lotions. Do not use lotions or oils on the day of your appointment.
• No Sun Bathing - No sun bathing, tanning booths, or spray tanning, 72 hours prior to appointment. We recommend spray tanning 48-72 hours after sugaring.
• Loose Clothes – You may wish to bring a clean set of loose clothes to wear after your service. Tight or sweaty clothes will cause ingrown hairs and breakouts.
• Getting a Brazilian or have Thick Hair? - You can trim all dense areas down to ¼ of an inch, do not trim too short. If needed we can perform the trimming at the time of your service.
After Sugaring Care
• Wear loose clean clothing, especially for Brazilians. Friction, sweat or heat will create ingrown hairs, bumps, redness and irritation. Avoid dirty clothes, tight clothes, dirty undies, skinny jeans, leggings or stockings. Try wearing clean loose fitting pants, skirts, shirts, and no underwear after a Brazilian.
• Sugared areas need protection for 24-48 hours. You may see redness similar to a light sunburn, red speckling where the hair root was removed, and sometimes hives. The skin feels more tender than usual to the touch. If you have been sugared for a long time or have remarkable skin recovery time, it may only take 6-12 hours.
• 24-48 Hour Dont's - NO HOT SHOWERS, BATHS, HOT TUBS, POOLS, OCEAN, SWEAT, SWEATY WORKOUTS, SUN EXPOSURE, AND SCRUBS.
• It is best to avoid fragrance, scented lotions, heavy essential oils and perfumes for these can cause ingrown hairs if used at any time.
• Wait at least 6-12 hours to take a shower. If you get sweaty rinse immediately with cool water no soap. After12-24 hours, take a luke warm shower using a cleanser. Avoid hot showers/baths, any soap with fragrance, harsh soap, scrubs will all cause side effects like:
Do not over stimulate the skin let it recover.
• After your first shower apply moisturizer.
• Starting 48 hours after hair removal, exfoliate daily to prevent the buildup of dead skin cells which can cause ingrown hairs. Preventing ingrown hair before it starts can save yourself from unsightly scarring. We have scrubs available for sale at our studio that are organic and locally made. We also have a wonderful exfoliating soap that you can purchase.
• Do not leave any exfoliating mittens, scrubbers, or loofas in the shower too long without sanitizing. Wash it in your dishwasher if your washing machine will not get hot enough.
• Underwear/ Under Garments - spandex or synthetic fabrics cause a reaction on many skins, creating redness, itching, sores or ingrown hairs. Choose organic cotton, bamboo, hemp or other natural choices for undergarments or in high friction areas to avoid side effects.